What is Breast Augmentation?
A breast augmentation, also technically known as “augmentation mammoplasty”, is an intrusive surgical treatment that corrects the dimensions of the breast by altering the size (increase or decrease). It’s generally performed when you want to improve a normally tiny breast, as part of reconstruction surgery following a mastectomy, or in mix with a breast lift on breasts that have sagged because of pregnancy, weight management, or aging. Typically, silicone-gel implants are used and can be performed on women who are at least 22 years old. It’s important to discuss the options of a breast augmentation with your cosmetic surgeon.
How Much Does a Breast Augmentation Cost?
A breast augmentation will vary in cost based on several factors such as the skill of the doctor, the size of the city you are in, the type of specific treatment required, and extra expenses related to the surgery. Typically you can expect to spend between $3,500 – $10,000 for a mammoplasty. On average, most cosmetic surgery associations, suggest an average price of $6,700. Given the cost for such a procedure, many patients may look for the aid of funding to pay for their plastic surgery treatments since insurance providers may not cover the procedure. It’s important to speak to your doctor about funding options.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Surgery?
- Weight management;
Risk Associated with Breast Enhancement Surgery
- Adverse response to anesthetic;
- Blood clots;
- Noticeable scarring;
- Capsular contracture (scar cells setting around the implants);
- A lack, or full loss, of nipple area and/or bust level of sensitivity;
- Breast augmentation leak or tear;
- Rippling (indentations on the bust trigger by breast augmentation motion);
- Interference with mammograms.
Your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Have adequate breast enhancement training and medical experience?
- Are they certified by an accredited plastic surgery board?
- Perform the breast procedure in a safe medical facility?
- Provide before and after pictures of their previous breast procedures?
- Offer you the option of consulting with their past breast enhancement individuals?
- Do the particular breast enhancement surgery?
- Offer the kind of breast implants that you are seeking?
Questions to Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon
- Am I a great prospect for bust improvement or enlargement? If so, why?
- Are the outcomes I am looking for affordable and then practical?
- Do you have before-and-after images I can consider for the treatment I am undergoing?
- Will you be incorporating a bust lift with the breast augmentation?
- In my instance, will the breast implants be placed beneath the bust cells or under the pectoral muscle?
- Will my marks show up? Where will my marks be located?
- What sort of implants do you suggest for me?
- What type of anesthesia do you recommend for me?
- What will be the expenses related to my surgery?
- What will you expect of me to obtain the most effective outcomes?
- What sort of recovery duration can I anticipate and when can I return to normal activities?
- The number of added implant-related operations can I anticipate over my lifetime?
- Just how can I expect my dental implanted busts to evaluate time? After pregnancy? After breast-feeding?
- Exactly what are the dangers and then issues related to my treatment?
- Just how are difficulties taken care of?
- Exactly what are my alternatives if the aesthetic result of my breast enhancement does not satisfy the goals we agreed on?
- Just how will my breasts look if I prefer to have the implants eliminated in the future and not have them changed?
We hope you found this brief overview helpful.
If you would like to learn more about this procedure, use the map below to find a surgeon near you to set up a free consultation with a breast augmentation specialist.