What is a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery (also known as known as an abdominoplasty) is an extremely common surgerical treatment. In short, the procedure aims to flatten the abdominal area by removing excess skin and fat, and involves tightening up the muscle area of the abdominal wall. This treatment aids to significantly minimize the appearance of a protruding abdomen. A tummy tuck is generally performed on patients that have shed a considerable quantity of weight quickly or from those post-pregnancy who may have sagging skin in the mid-section of the body.
During an abdominoplasty, the doctor gets rid of added fat and also skin, tightens muscle mass, and also makes the stomach skin much more tight. The tummy tuck procedure is typically carried out in a medical setting. The client is sedated, and the tummy surgery lasts from two to five hours. During the surgery, the doctor makes a horizontal cut across the lower abdomen and may expose the stomach muscles. The muscle mass are tightened up and also sewn, and the excess skin is removed from the body. The cut is later sutured. Some patients have to invest a day in the medical facility during recovery. The client can return to typical activities within four to six weeks.
How Much Does an Abdominoplasty Cost?
Tummy tuck surgery will vary in cost based on several factors such as the skill and experience of the doctor, the size of the city you are in, the type of specific treatment required, and extra expenses related to the surgery. In general, you can expect to spend between $7,000 – $10,000 for a lipoplasty. On average, most cosmetic surgery associations, suggest an average price of $8,500. Given the costs for this cosmetic treatment, many patients may look for the aid of funding to pay for their plastic surgery treatments since insurance providers may not cover the procedure. It’s important to speak to your doctor about funding options.
Who is a Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery?
In order to be considered for abdominoplasty surgery, individuals should typically be in good health physically and also emotionally. Women should not be pregnant nor be nursing a child. Moreover, an ideal candidate should also be free of any heart conditions and lung problems.
Patients who satisfy the aforementioned assumptions are one of the most likely to have a positive surgical treatment. During your preliminary assessment with a plastic surgeon, he or she will certainly carry out a physical, in addition to a mental/emotional test to identify if this treatment can give you what you are looking for. So be sure to be totally straightforward with your physician. Failure to do so could result in an unsatisfactory outcome, in addition to a greater potential for risks and/or difficulties.
Risks Associated with Abdominoplasty Surgery?
With most operations, there are specific risks and complications connected with lipoplasty treatment. Several of the most notable include:
- Adverse response to anesthetic;
- Blood clots;
- Noticeable scarring;
- Swelling and soreness;
- Numbness in the abdomen for several weeks.
To learn if you are at vulnerable to any of the above complications, be sure to speak with a knowledgeable plastic surgeon who is trained to perform the procedure. During the discussion, make certain to ask the tummy tuck surgeon of the risks and complications so that you are aware of the medical risks/side impacts. It is also important that you feel confident in your physician’s skills before undergoing the treatment. Of course, a mistake made by your doctor could also lead to complications as well. Fortunately, substantial complications from abdominoplasty procedures are low.
Your Cosmetic Surgeon Consultation
In your mission to select a certified cosmetic surgeon to perform your tummy surgical treatment, your should take into consideration the following – Does he or she:
- Have adequate training and medical experience with the procedure?
- Are they certified by an accredited plastic surgery board?
- Perform the tummy procedure in a safe medical facility?
- Provide before and after pictures of their previous abdominoplasty procedures?
- Offer you the option of consulting with their past individuals?
- Do they specialize in liposuction surgery?
- Offer the kind of breast implants that you are seeking?
Since a tummy tuck is a serious operation, it is very important to select the most effective surgeon that is right for you. Afterall, you will investing a large amount of time with your doctor, so it is best that you are comfortable with your cosmetic surgeon.
Some things that you might seek include a medical professional that is cozy and pleasant, alert to your needs, understanding to your situation, and also able to give you the attention that you need and are entitled to. If, for any kind of reason, you are dissatisfied during your consultation with a plastic surgeon, proceed searching up until you locate the physician who possesses every one of the qualities that you desire in a doctor.
Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon?
For a basic list of questions to ask your cosmetic surgeon concerning his or her background, to discover plastic surgery safety and security, find below some general and specific questions that you should discuss with your breast specialist. You may also want to get more information from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Am I a great prospect for an abdominoplasty? If so, why?
- Are the outcomes I am looking for affordable and then practical?
- Do you have before-and-after images I can consider for the treatment I am undergoing?
- In my instance, how will the surgery be performed? Which method?
- Will my marks show up? Where will my marks be located?
- What sort of procedure/technique do you suggest for me?
- What type of anesthesia do you recommend for me?
- What will be the expenses related to my surgery?
- What will you expect of me to obtain the most effective outcomes?
- What sort of recovery duration can I anticipate and when can I return to normal activities?
- The number of added implant-related operations can I anticipate over my lifetime?
- Exactly what are the dangers and then issues related to my treatment?
- Just how are difficulties taken care of?
- Exactly what are my alternatives if the aesthetic result of my tummy tuck does not satisfy the goals we agreed on?